Monday, October 22, 2007

Fun Fact #8: I recently experienced the most awkward date of my life

So, since moving to Pittsburgh I've gone on a lot of dates with various guys, some have obviously gone better than others. But nothing will top the sheer awkwardness of the one I experienced last week.

This kid was relatively good-looking, albeit in a slightly nerdy way, and he was had a degree from Carnegie Mellon University, so there seemed to be some potential. But the date rapidly went downhill due to his need to tell me the most absurd things. CKC has heard them, but I still felt the need to share them. So here's a list of the "fun facts" my date told me about himself:

1.) His mom was a lesbian but he was totally against gay marriage. He got so worked up that he across as blatantly homophobic.

2.) He told me, in his words, that he was a "xenophobe" and didn't like any "foreigners".

3.)He hates all "intellectuals" and doesn't understand why someone would want to go law school. His time at CMU, according to him, was a nightmare because he was surrounded by lots of "Asian intellectuals, most who couldn't speak English".

4.) He somehow plans to be successful in life by getting his current boss fired and taking over the company, even though no one really likes him there. I think his attempt at a coup is doomed to failure due to the total lack of support he'll have in the aftermath.

5.)He loves musicals and plays, but he's only seen two in his entire life. I've never had someone tell me mundane details of Rent than this kid. He seemed to totally fixate on things.

6.)His favorite TV show is "Sex and the City" and his favorite character is Charlotte. Not because she's the prettiest (which is reason most guys give), but because she behaves how all women should behave...

7.)He believes women today are far too aggressive and need to learn how to be "sweeter". Ambition is not a plus in a woman.

8.) He's 25 and divorced because his ex-wife didn't want to have children immediately.

Obviously, this date did not end with a promise of a second date. There was something totally off about this kid, but I cannot place it. Maybe he had Asperger's or something like that? I'm totally going to assume that's what the problem is, because I did that with someone else once and I still believe my diagnosis was right on the money.

1 comment:

Hannah Truitt said...

hah he sounds ridiculous. you should go on date two just so that you can post more fun facts.

oh and p.s. you and charlotte are basically twins, you are known for your lack of aggression...oh wait.


lovee you alyssa!