Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fun Fact #4: Old people can be pretty weird sometimes

This morning I was basically accosted by an old woman, who was probably around 4 feet tall and weighed like 50 pounds, because I was yawning.

I was walking back from the gym, surely looking lovely in my sweaty clothes, and I yawn because I'm tired. This tiny old lady appears out of nowhere and shouts at me, "Do you know your mouth is open?" I awkwardly respond that I do, and she gives the biggest/weirdest smile ever. And then walks away, but not before she pokes me the stomach for good measure. I just stand there, my mouth of course gaping, and this random guy who saw the whole thing just walked by laughing. I still have no idea why she thought poking me would help better convey whatever psychotic message she was trying to get across. I also really don't like when people touch me, so it just made the situation that much better.

I don't know why awkward people enjoy talking to me. I don't like talking to random people and I don't think I come across as especially nice or interested in them. But it's like they seek me out to talk to me, maybe it's karma because I, on a very rare occasion, will mock something (or someone) that I regard as awkward.

My favorite awkward moment ever though has to be when this trashy meth addict, who was carrying around a teddy bear, wouldn't stop looking at me in this weird bar in Eugene. Ronnie, of course, thought it was hilarious.

No comments: