Monday, October 22, 2007

(Not so ) Fun Fact #7: San Diego County is basically burning to the ground

People tend to think the biggest natural threat in California is earthquakes, but from my experience earthquakes, as a major threat, pale in comparison to the wildfires and they've struck San Diego County again. Both of my parents have been evacuated and now all we can do is hope that their respective houses survive the fires.

The last major fire I experienced was when I was in a senior in high school. School was canceled for a week and there was ash everywhere, it was hard to breathe sometimes. But that seems like nothing compared to these fires. I've moved around a lot in San Diego and it sounds like the fire has hit many of my childhood homes.

I hate when things like this happen because it always makes me want to do something to help. But what can I really do? I just pray that my family (and friends and their families) will all be okay in the end.

No comments: