Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Fun Fact #21: Today was a day of firsts

It was snowing hardcore today in Pittsburgh, therefore I had a variety of new experiences:

1) I drove in the snow, intense snow, for the first time ever. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, but that may be because I was being freakishly cautious. I don't think I've ever driven as slowly as I drove today.

2) I woke up to snow covered streets. It was a really beautiful sight, but it wasn't as beautiful after I trudged my way to the gym. The wind was so strong that I opened the door of my building and was almost blown back inside.

3) I bought an ice scraper and scraped ice and snow off my car. I also learned that driving through the snow can make a clean car absolutely filthy.

4) I was able to make a snow angel on my porch. It was pretty cool.

5) I was finally able to make the snow and maple syrup concotion that I had read about in the Little House books. And sadly, it wasn't as good as I had always imagined it would be. I think I may have put too much syrup on the snow because it was sickeningly sweet. I totally would have loved it when I was five.

6) I listened to Christmas music and it actually described what I was seeing outside. Listening to "Winter Wonderland" or "White Christmas" is way cooler driving through snowy Pittsburgh than sunny San Diego.

1 comment:

Hannah Truitt said...

i miss you. post a new blog. thanks