Thursday, April 3, 2008

Fun Fact #38: I've come to some major decisions...

It should be readily apparent to anyone who reads my blog that I'm not a fan of Pittsburgh. I don't like the city, the climate, or the culture. I haven't really had the best experience here and I'm excited to be leaving in May. But, all in all, I'm still happy with my decision to come here because it taught me that I need to live in someplace with a relatively mild climate.

Therefore, I eliminated New York, Chicago, and Boston from my law school search due to the weather and a variety of other criteria. These had all been places that I planned to end up in but my time in Pittsburgh allowed me to see that I am a true West Coaster. I even miss all the hippies!

So I applied to schools in California, Colorado, Oregon, and Washington. I got into a variety of schools, some were a better fit than others. But I've decided that California (specifically the Bay Area) is the place for me and therefore I am going to be attending UC Hastings (located in the heart of San Francisco). I'm extremely excited and I believe that this will be the best place for me.

There are so many things I'm looking forward to: finally living in a city that I love, actually going to law school, being surrounded by an amazing city with an amazing culture, leaving Pittsburgh, paying 1,500 a month for a closet, being the perfect distance between my Oregon friends and family, making new friends, and a million other things.

I know that people have asked me to post more often but I can't really think of anything to write about. Ask me some questions or give me some ideas and I'll totally start posting more.

Also, any advice or tips regarding San Francisco would be totally welcome. I lived in Palo Alto when I was kid but haven't ever lived in the city itself.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Cool! Congrats! Hastings is a great school. Now that the first step is out of the way, now comes 1L...